Sunday, March 9, 2014

I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. My phone number was (312) 896-.... That was before FAX machines and cell phones and the need to have scores of area codes for one, well, area! I don't live in the Chicago area anymore, but I still call it my hometown. So when I heard about 312 beer, of the Goose Island Brewery, naturally, I had to try it!

This is the 312 Urban Wheat Ale. A hazy wheat beer, yes, but not so "flat" like some. Almost a wheat beer combined with a Pilsner. That's it! It's like "Old Style" meets Wheat Beer! Wow, this is fun!

The fun blew out of my sails when I read the fine print on the label however: brewed in either New Jersey or Colorado. What happened to Chicago??? Apparently Goose Island Brewery is now yet another label of Anheuser-Busch. 

Sigh. They're trying to replace "Old Style" in Wrigley Field, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment